Talk To Us

Wills and Probate

At Taylor and Buchalter we offer support for clients in the areas of wills and probate, both in Ireland and throughout the world for people with estates in Ireland. We can never be sure what the future holds but we can each take steps to anticipate and manage life's changes. At Taylor & Buchalter, we understand how to protect you, your assets and your family as you move into older age.

It's very important to make a will so that you can determine what is to become of your assets after your death. If you die without a will, your assets will be distributed in accordance with the intestacy provisions of the Succession Act 1965 – and that may not be what you want. For one, it could give rise to unnecessary Inheritance Tax having to be paid by your next of kin.

We are here to advise you about a will that best suits your situation. If you are married or co-habiting the we will help you consider the tax implications. If your children are adults consideration may need to be given to their particular circumstances. If children are under 18 special provision may have to be made for them or if any of your children have special needs then you may wish to give extra consideration to them. If you are separated or divorced careful consideration has to be given to drawing your will and the tax consequences that may arise. If you are single without dependants it is important to have good advice about the inheritance tax that may be payable by your beneficiaries.

Upon your instruction, we can help you make the correct provisions by taking out a Grant of Probate or Administration to ensure that your wishes are carried out.

Enduring Powers of Attorney

Managing your affairs in later life can become more difficult, so it is wise to nominate someone whom you trust to look after your affairs, should a time come when you are mentally or physically incapacitated. An Enduring Power of Attorney is a document which sets out instructions as to how a person wishes his or her assets to be dealt with and by whom if they become of unsound mind (e.g. if you wish for your property to be sold to pay medical or nursing home expenses, etc).

If you'd like some helpful advice about creating a will or whether you or your family members need an Enduring Power of Attorney, get in touch contact one of our solicitors specialising in these areas. We'd be happy to assist you.

Niall Courtenay -